design central heating circuit for rayburn 355s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just swapped old non pumped rayburn royal that managed to heat DHW and 2 small rads as heat sinks.
Now have much beefier 355 model so trying to design a system that will work with minimal interference to existing (upstairs) gravity fed tank and rads. Consulted all the usual channels
My question is that I want to put a rad (last in line) in my office which is below level of rayburn. Where does the pump need to go and will it work?
I'd like to get it right first time, hence the question. I could have the rad mounted half way up the wall to keep same level but it would look silly and loose shelf space...

Sponsored Links
A radiator below the boiler level is no problem. Your pump is not a pump, but a circulator, and as such, as long as you have no airlocks, it will circulate through the whole circuit.
Best place for the pump is after the cold feed, but with just a gravity circuit, your pipework may need some adapting to resemble a good punped circuit. Have a look at some of the design examples you have loked at and see how yours compares

Thats a great help, thanks.
I'd previously had a radiator in the cellar which never worked properly and I assumed its location was part of the problem.
I am a bit fixated with pump on the return just before the injector tee, couple of feet from the boiler, as that's where most of diagrams show it. With it being solid fuel I have to keep the gravity side and reluctant to interfere as it worked so well, after several attempts ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back