DETA carbon moxide 1121 replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have a DETA carbon monoxide alarm Model 1121 which is now giving an end of life beep after 5.5 years so we would like to replace. Can anyone recommend a replacement that will fit the wall fitting so its easy for us to replace and also would prefer one with a battery backup.

I think the 1121 model may be discontinued, I am seeing BRK models that look very similar.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Only normally same manufacturers will fit existing back plates, and even then they don’t if they change the range. Personally I’d recommend an aico alarm.

In the end I got a BRK® CO850MBXi Carbon Monoxide Alarm which fits the same back box so no need to touch the electrics.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
hi there

came across this post on google

my block of flats was built 5 years ago. they also hardwired the carbon monoxide alarm

I also have the DETA 1121

It was discontinued as mentioned on here. So tried the suggestion on here for the BRK® CO850MBXi Carbon Monoxide Alar

But that is also discontinued.

Anyone have any other suggestions that will fit the ceiling plate

It's annoying as the ceiling plate feels pointless if you can't switch it out with something else.

If I get another hardwired one, is this something I need an electrician to install or does removing the DETA 1121 backplate, give me an easy connection option.

Must be loads of others in this position.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back