Detached Garage to Office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi am I planning to change my detached Garage to a home office just for us. I will be leaving the shutter door on the front and will add a bi fold door to the side wall into the garden. The garage is approx 25 years old and has Single brick all round I think.

I was planning to do the following is this correct?

Stud the flooring using 4 x2 and fill with 75mm or 100 mm celotex or similar is this correct? I would put a dpm down before and afterwards and then put a chipboard flooring on top.

Walls I was going to do the same as the floor then will plasterboard or was thinking about sound plasterboard so I could have some music on with any the neighbours hearing.

Ceiling I have a pitched roof so was going to plasterboard then use standard loft insulation then board above this for storage.

I will use an electrician for all electric works and will have a plug in radiator.

Anything I missed or anything I should change?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
All that insulation will be a waste of effort unless you do something about the garage door.

Also 4 x 2 wont allow 100mm celotex as its 94-96mm after drying. 70-90mm will fit fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back