Detached garage with planning permission.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have planning permission for a detached garage at the side of my house. Large but still less than 30sqm. This would have fell into permitted developments, however I wanted a higher ridge hieght. So I have planning for 4.5m ridge. PD is 4m.

Apart from the new height, the rest is still PD. I understand I did not need PP for this if I kept it lower and as such did not need Building reg. Now I have PP do I require Building regs as floorsize is still within.

Thanks

Scot.

Sponsored Links
No, planning regulations and building regulations are not related.

Ok thanks,.

So just to clarify, floor space is less than 30sqm. Ridge height will be 4.5m I have planning granted. I do not require building control. (Regs)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Ridge height has no impact on whether it needs building regs.

If the floor area of the building is between 15 square metres and 30 square metres, you will not normally be required to apply for building regulations approval providing that the building contains NO sleeping accommodation and is either at least one metre from any boundary or it is constructed of substantially non-combustible materials.

From here: https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/43/outbuildings/2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back