Detailed Drainage Design Condition on Planning Acceptance

Bat surveys are a particular waste of time. Bat boxes are far cheaper than bat surveys, so why bother with the survey?
:(

I can't comment on this specific case but more generally, you can appeal against local-authority-imposed conditions. The inspectorate often take the view that the conditions are unnecessary - and if you ever have a refused application allowed on appeal, it always has far fewer conditions than those suggested in the case officer's report.

Sponsored Links
I think it is because there are different kinds of bats, which require different sites:

Again, the type of building considered of ‘high value’ to bats depends on the type of bat. Pipistrelles like crevices to dwell in; long-eared species tend to like large open roof spaces.

It seems you can't just stick a box up any old place either, they have their special routes etc.

I know these bat and flooding conditions can look onerous at times but bats are a vital pollenator.

Get into your loft and give it a forensic style clean prior to the hippy's visits is my recommendation.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everybody for your input.

Just updating the outcome of the planning conditions, maybe this will help someone in future. I drew the drainage plans up myself, used some calculations off our flood risk assessment and submitted these early Jan. Today I have had the removal of conditions accepted so happy days! I worried for nothing! The plan drawings i submitted are below. It didn't look like i needed a lot afterall... makes me wonder what the £1650 + vat drainage design quote I had would have done differently! The conditions were misleading... the council probably need to work on their clarity!

upload_2018-1-17_15-32-8.png
upload_2018-1-17_15-33-9.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back