dewalt and elu flip saw extension table [dw742]

Sponsored Links
Years ago I used to use an elu saw with one of them - not exactly what youd expect to be using for a business making boardroom tables and audio visual suites - but it did the trick for about five years - till the management invested in a real saw.
thing was that once you got used to its funny ways you could saw down the centre of an 8x4 veneered sheet, to an accuracy of under half a millimeter, without ripping the veneer.

I would say go for it, if the elu/deWalt saw is all you have and you get on with it.

I bought myself the saw about 15 years ago (without the table), it still earns its keep, perhaps the best 600 quid i ever spent.

From the sellers picture you link to you are buying a sliding carrage for cross cutting, the diagrames of the actual parts in use shows the sliding carrage on the left of the saw and an extension table on the right.

I think these were two separate accesories and only the extension table will give you a bigger rip capasity.

Post it on UKworkshop or PM Scrit there, he may be able to help as he's had these saws, mine does not have the accesories but then again I can't remember when I last used it.

edit - he also has a RH table extn with a bit of £26, is this what you really want.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
No, 'cos you've been outbid !

thanks eddie :D :D if the extension is a different article may still have it

thanks for your help david and jason :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back