DeWalt Compound Mitre Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a De Walt DW718 305mm compound mitre saw.
Just in front of the operating trigger / handle is a black dial .... numbered 1-5
Anybody know what that is for
Not mentioned in the user manual.
20230804_123817.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Ha, I have the same saw for a number of years, it's totally speed dial, frustrating as just after I purchased the 718 saw, they launched the 780 which has been around for a long time now. not sure what they changed on it.

...just after I purchased the 718 saw, they launched the 780 which has been around for a long time now. not sure what they changed on it.
The number? Actually, from currently using a DWS780 at work, and having past experience of noth the DW708 and DW718, one big improvement is the dust extraction (although it still isn't a patch on my Kapex). Is the shadow line technology for blade positioning also new? Can't remember that being on the 718

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the shadow line technology for blade positioning also new? Can't remember that being on the 718

No, my 718 has the shadow line. Maybe it was an option on the 718, it was the feature which sold me that saw over the smaller one, all previous only had the laser option which looked a pain as if you knocked them, they had to be realigned.

Only issue is after not a huge amount of use the rubber cover on shadow line on/off button has split. Not sure if I can get a spare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back