DeWalt DWE560 circular saw change shoe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, my circular saw got knocked off a shelf to the floor and the impact distorted the shoe slightly.
I took it to a place to get it fixed and they got it better than it was, but ....
I'm looking at replacing the shoe (£30-ish). There's a bolt at the back which should be no problem but the main attachment at the front is some sort of pin going through a bracket on the shoe and through a hole in the saw blade casing. Any ideas how I could remove and refit this pin pls? (You can also buy a new pin £1.99 if needed.) Is it a hammer and punch brute force job? Don't want it coming loose!! Posting photos.

Thanks a lot, Terry.
TIA, Terry.
IMG_2052.JPG
IMG_2053.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG

Sponsored Links
This pin you mention....it isn't just a pivot, is it?
If you remove the bolt at the back maybe the shoe will come off.
A picture of the pin from an exploded diagram could help.
John :)

Thanks a lot John. It certainly does pivot on that pin, to lower or raise the blade to give the cut depth. I’ll have look, probably tomorrow now. Meanwhile i’ll get a pic of the exploded diagram onto here later this evening.
Regards,
Terry

DWE560-B2C-T11-Dewalt-PB.png

46 is just listed as "PIN", which looks like this...

38956200.jpg

So, it's not a split pin, so will probably be a nightmare to get out!! Seeing as you are replacing the shoe anyway, can you bend the the part of the shoe holding it outwards to release it? Especially because of those tapered ends you see in the pic above.

Sponsored Links
rsgaz, thanks a lot, I've just been getting pics of the exploded diagram for John.
It looks as if the part labelled "27", Gear Case, has the pin going through a hole in it so the pin is retaining it.
As you say I could bend the lugs on the shoe outwards to free the pin from the shoe, but I'd still need to get it out of the "27" piece
and of course replace it or a replacement pin. I guess there must be some sort of screw press for these things maybe?
Anyway I'll grab it tomorrow, take the blade off, see what's behind there and report back.
Regards,
Terry.

John, pls see the exploded diag rsgaz has posted - I'll have another look at it tomorrow.
- Terry.

Part 46 may be a roll pin, especially if it is split down one side.
Either way, it could be possible to drift it out.
My small screen doesn't show up things too well unfortunately!
John :)

Thakns guys, I've also contacted DeWalt tech support via their website re. the pin - you get an email straight back saying they'll be in touch, maybe they will!
That pin is probably made hard to remove on purpose; if it was a screw / nut / bolt then some nutter might try to operate the saw without the shoe on, for some reason no sane person can imagine!
- Terry.

Got a reply from DeWalt saying they can't advise on fix 'cos of H&S, fair enough I guess.
Said to try service centre - sent a link to me to find nearest centre but it doesn't work maybe just my browsers.
ISTR nearest DeWalt service centre is Plymouth, 51 miles / 1hr 52 mins away.
I'm parking this issue for now.
Thanks for your help.
Regards, Terry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back