DeWalt 18v Cordless Circular Saw - Blade bolt will not loosen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a DeWalt Circular Saw. I for the life of me i can not get the blade securing bolt to loosen.

Does anyone have any bright idea to help loosen the bolt, it getting to the stage where I will damage it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hit the spanner with something heavy to shock it into releasing - you are trying to turn it in the right direction, aren't you, the same direction the blade rotates?

Worst comes to worst, unless you own your own impact driver, pop into a quickfit style place and get someone to use their impact driver.

A big bag of donuts or tin of biscuits would lubricate the deal

It might be a left threaded nut.
It unscrews in the same direction the blade rotates.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, yes trying clockwise, I don't remember doing it that tight. Impact driver is a great shout. Not got the exact bit but will give it a go!

Right hand side. Hang up a minute, the blade spins anti clockwise. To undo a left handed thread you need to go clockwise right? So I'm not undoing it the same direction the blade spins!

Well if its on the right and the blade rotates anticlockwise then its not a left hand thread, turning the anticlockwise will undo the bolt, righty tighty - lefty loosey as they say

Perhaps a picture may help? You will see from the attached the blade spins counter clockwise. It say in the manual that to tighten the nut you need to turn it counter clockwise so to loosen it it has to be clockwise or am I completely missing something (which I probably am!).

Thanks all.
Dewalt Saw.jpg

Thats right then the arrow shows which way the blade rotates, the bolt must then also undo the same direction, have you tried a big pair of adjustables on those two flats?

So it undoes counter clockwise like a normal thread? I'll give that a go!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back