Dewalt multi tool DCS355N useless???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I picked up a dewalt multitool a few months back to cut some floorboards, it has excellent reviews.

Cutting through the floorboards was seriously hard work. I couldn't understand why the reviews were so positive. It took forever, but nevertheless I persevered.

I now need to cut down some old copper plumbing pipe so I'm using the metal blade and it doesn't get anywhere near cutting through the copper pipe.

I picked up some erbauer metal blades thinking the supplied ones might be rubbish but still no good.

In the reviews people are talking about cutting thick sheets of steel with this thing.

I've read through the manual as this is the first multi tool I have owned so figured I might be doing something wrong - any ideas?!!

Do you think Dewalt would entertain replacing the unit?

Sponsored Links
should go through copper like butter
is it on full speed ??
a 20mm floor board would be about 300-500mm per minuite give or take

There doesn't appear to be a speed adjuster! :(

Sponsored Links
Yeah and trust me I am squeezing that trigger all the way

does it vary the speed ??
just a thought dewalt have a "lock" position is the black button behind the trigger fully released

the blurb says
"DUAL-GRIP Variable Speed Trigger provides the ultimate speed and application control"

Yeah it varies the speed and the lock is fully open.

I just clamped a piece of 15mm copper pipe and put a new erbauer metal cutting blade on and this was the result after putting all my strength into it:

IMG_2430.JPG

Absolutely useless!

Let's hope Dewalt will honour their 3-year warranty.

is the blade correctly fitted as those indents look far wider than the blade is thick ??

yep the blades slot in nicely and firmly a sense per the manual

if you try and move the blade by hand in the direction it osccilates and at 90% what happens ??
how much movement or resistance do you get ??

So I'm unable to move the blade by hand once it's locked into place, however I noticed at low speed the blade does seem a little wobbly.

Does this look normal to you? I uploaded a video

I have the dewalt and have no probs with It. It may be that you are pressing to hard against what you are cutting, let the tool and blade do the work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back