DG replacement front door Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First time on here so here goes.

i've removed a broken front door dg window which I intend to replace with another unit. However Ive a couple of questions firstly, the unit to be replaced measures aproximately 915mm X 560mm X 28mm, is this a common /universal type fitting ?

Secondly will I be able to walk into a local glaziers and purchased this off the shelf as it were, or will the unit have to be made to measure.

Any advice please greatly appreciated, oh! and what will it cost approximately, or will it be cheaper to have this done by a local firm. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Everything PVC is made to measure. Anyway you have your sizes by measuring the old unit i assume, take these to your local glass merchant or DG company and ask them to make, these will not be off the shelf but made to measure, it will need to be safety glass which would be toughened or laminated, you glass merchant will advise you.

I could get that unit made from my local shop for about £30 for toughened glass but as a retail price with no favours you'd be looking at around £60 per sqm but be sure to times it by 2 as its a double glazed unit.

If you know how to re heel and toe a door then i'd say do it yourself, if your unsure then get your local DG company to do it but expect to pay a touch more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back