DHW Cycling - What's Next?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant Turbomax 837e Boiler. It has been cycling fairly strongly on the Hot Water side.

I've recently replaced the DHW Heat Exchanger which appeared at first to have fixed it, but actually it hasn't. It has improved a lot, but it's still happening. Previously it would go from maximum hot to completely stone cold, but now it luckily doesn't go so cold so a shower is possible! The Heat Exchanger clearly needed doing as I've had to turn the DHW dial down massively since (previously it was on about 80% of maximum setting, now it's on about 20-30% and is delivering hotter water overall).

It's also losing a bit of pressure on the heating side, could the 2 things be related?

Sponsored Links
how clean is your system water in ch ?

did you change the h/ex yourself ?

The system water came out so clean. Like really really clean. Though, to be fair, it's not been in that long (12 months probably) because I cleaned the Heat Exchanger last year (obviously not very well!!). I must confess that there is no inhibitor in there currently as I have another rad to change and wanted to do that first.

Yes, I did fit the new Heat Exchanger, a genuine Valliant part.

What is your hot water flow rate out of a bath tap?

The boiler will modulate & cycle with anything less than 14 L/min. You may have an Aqua Sensor problem and/or the gas burner rates are incorrectly set.

When was the boiler last serviced correctly by a Gas Safe engineer?

Sponsored Links
The boiler will modulate & cycle with anything less than 14 L/min. You may have an Aqua Sensor problem and/or the gas burner rates are incorrectly set.

OP so that means you need a rgi to attend your boiler with the right equipment to test your boiler

OP so that means you need a rgi to attend your boiler with the right equipment to test your boiler

+1.
It is now beyond your remit :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back