Diagram for new Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am completely re laying out my bathroom with a new suite and also a combi boiler, whilst I am getting a plumber in to do parts, some bits I will be doing myself.

As my old bathroom and pipework has gone, new pipe work needs to be put in, I have drawn a diagram of how I wish the new pipe work to be intalled. Does anyone see any problems on what I propose?

All opinions welcome!

I have just added an image for the waste pipe layout, is it O.K to have the 2 sinks and the bath joined to the same pipe that connects to the soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
If you have the two sinks and the bath on the same waste pipe you could get glugging at one of the sinks when letting out the bath water, if its easy enough then seperate them.

P.s I do not know where you can buy green waste pipe from you should maybe use Grey :)

Hi grahamderek - The boiler will be in a cupboard, does that make it O.K to be in zone 2?

also, In the instructions it says

"If the boiler is fitted in a room containing a bath or
shower and NOT FITTED with any optional integral timer or thermostat, it can be fitted in zone 2"

Does that mean, If I have the timer / thermostat wired downstairs below the bathroom into the Kitchen, then It's O.K?

Technotim - It's easy enough to have seperate pipe I'll dot that
Green waste pipe is more environmentally friendley!!

Thanks for your help guys

Sponsored Links
Zone 2 can require IPX4 or IPX5, depending on fittings.
As far as I know, no manufacturer makes a boiler complying with IPX5.
In any case the boiler requires a local point of isolation, but no mains voltage switches are allowed in zone 2.
You might be able to overcome these problems, but you need expert advice on site, from an electrician and a registered gas installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back