Diamond blades with 600W "115mm/4.5"" angle g

R

richard7761

I want to cut a doorway into a half-brick wall. I have to hand a Draper 600W angle grinder that takes 155mm blades, bore 22.2mm (22mm). No-load speed 11000RPM.

Instead of trying to use a non-diamond blade I though I might do much better with a diamond blade.

I looked at Spectrum TX10R, but I think max speed is 4500RPM.

Actually, not so easy to discover the max speed ratings of diamond blades.

Anyway, I'm still looking for a decent diamond blade that would work with my angle grinder. Or, will I need a slower grinder? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Actually I think the Marcrist BF750 1126.0115.22 115mm Diamond Blade is meant to be better than Spectrum TX10R.

I think any 115mm blade with EN13236 standard is meant to stand 80 metres/sec max or 13300RPM.

So, Spectrum TX10R would do, I reckon, but Marcrist BF750 better.

With a small grinder like that you won't cut all the way through, even on a half brick wall. You'll likely kill the grinder as well because the cooling air intake needs to be in a different place to cut masonry.

With a small grinder like that you won't cut all the way through, even on a half brick wall. You'll likely kill the grinder as well because the cooling air intake needs to be in a different place to cut masonry.

Yes, you are correct. I think I might get a 35mm cut which if I do the back as well, adds up to 70mm. I'd have to chisel the 30mm remaing, and hope I get a fairly neat break.

It's just regular brick. I may have to be really careful to prevent overheating. I've bought the Marcrist BF750 blade, so I guess I'm locked into seeing what I can do with that.

I should really buy new a grinder, but trying to save money. :)

Sponsored Links
You could have got a cheapo 9" grinder and blade for that price.

But it's still the wrong tool for the job. Even the 9 inch is too small. You should go to the hire shop. BTW lot's of copies around. Not off Ebay is it?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Marcist are far superior blades to spectrum in my experience of using both a lot.

Of course the spectrums are almost half the price but are much slower and don;t last as long.

Any cheap diamon blade will do but cutting a wall you need a stihl saw which has a clutch and is much safer. Also a ts400 will cut 95% of the way through a 4inch wall from one side

Marcist are far superior blades to spectrum in my experience of using both a lot.

Of course the spectrums are almost half the price but are much slower and don;t last as long.

Any cheap diamon blade will do but cutting a wall you need a stihl saw which has a clutch and is much safer. Also a ts400 will cut 95% of the way through a 4inch wall from one side

Yes. I see why folks tend to hire tools when cutting through walls.

With petrol tools, must get good ventilation.

If I'm hiring tools I prefer these to Stihllys - no petrol fumes and much, much less dust. Won't groove a floor for sinking pipes like a Stihl saw, though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back