Diaphragm or New Fill Valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My concealed toilet cistern is filling very slowly.

I can see water coming from the top of the fill valve (Torbeck Opella I think)...I’m pretty sure this is a bottom entry valve so that is not normal?

Is the likely to be a diaphragm replacement or does it just need a new fill valve?

Hoping not to have to remove pan to fix this issue but it’s looking inevitable for access.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArVuuxd27XDb9g-kOF2rf_aMWwjx

The above will hopefully show a video of the issue.

Cheers

Attachments

• 3E00679A-E160-4360-88BC-C3F6B60D7AB0.jpeg
    3E00679A-E160-4360-88BC-C3F6B60D7AB0.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 70
Sponsored Links
Likely to be a diaphragm, bottom entry/inlet is fine, so just replace the washer providing it has worked ok previously.

If that’s your video, then access shouldn’t be a problem. Pan in the way or not, unless you’re renewing the valve?

Sponsored Links
The link is my video... just want to fix the slow fill issue, I’ll get a diaphragm and give it a go, cheers

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
When you mention the pan in the way, are you thinking the diaphragm is at the bottom?

When you mention the pan in the way, are you thinking the diaphragm is at the bottom?

No, I know the diaphragm is at the top...pan is only in the way if I want to replace whole valve which I’m hoping isn’t necessary and diaphragm replacement will fix problem.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The top front panel pops off from the front and the panel behind the toilet should slide up once the silicone is cut.

Easy access to replace the float valve.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back