Did US cause the Haiti earthquake?

One other question for newgas...going back to your original post, have you got any conception of the forces that underly tectonic plate movements and give rise to earthquakes such as the one in Haiti. If you had you would think it miraculous that we all manage to live on this fragile, thin, solidified outer skin of a large glowing fireball. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
How much longer would WW2 have gone on , without the A Bomb?.
OK it's a weapon of mass destruction and killed thousands at one go,,,.
But Newgas, what about the British destruction of Dresden? Are you going to argue that bomber command should have not done this? Do you condone the Nazi bombing of Coventry during the war?

During war, atrocities happen. How long do we have to keep on apologising for the past?
Look , nobody has to apologise for anything, the nazi bombings were just as bad the iraq bombings they are all the same in the context that 'innocent' people die,kids are orphaned,people lose everything, wether they be soldiers or civilians. ( sometimes the soldiers are left to rot as in US, like the ones on death row. )
The ones who cause these wars ultimately for wealth cause the average civilian who wants to get on with life to kill and turn them against each other are the ones who we should be looking for to be held accountable and stopped.
It doesn't matter which country their from they are all blood sucking leaches who haven't got an iota of honour and no respect at all, not for me and not for you.
Now they are apparently making other weapons to kill more and with even more ease. Does power= respect no it doesn't. respect=respect.

You know looking at the comments on here and being outnumbered in my thoughts/opinions.

I have given some objective thought to this argument and while the original question still stands, I want to say that since recorded
history and before, wars have happened, FACT so on this hypothesis I have come to a conclusion that it's one of two things,, It's either an abomination of the devil, who makes people kill one another and makes it seem justified to them ,or,,,,, wait for it,,,,,,Is it a necessary evil???
It could possibly be the latter.

I hope in this debate I didn't offend anyone, cos that wasn't my intention, and if I did I apologise to you as I didn't mean it.
I believe we are all related by humanity, and wish we could live in peace and harmony, but then people do call me a dreamer ;) .

or the latest quake in Chile (1000 times stronger than the one in Haiti).

Sponsored Links
You know looking at the comments on here and being outnumbered in my thoughts/opinions.
doesn't mean you're wrong though (in a universal or absolute sense) - people look at the evidence of whole range of issues and come to differing conclusions.

wars have happened, FACT so on this hypothesis I have come to a conclusion that it's one of two things,, It's either an abomination of the devil, who makes people kill one another and makes it seem justified to them ,or,,,,, wait for it,,,,,,Is it a necessary evil???
It could possibly be the latter.
Not sure about the "devil", but can see a sort of logic in the need for humans to express their innate aggression (on a collective level since individual use isn't desirable and tends to lead to imprisonment), or possibly "nature's" way of culling a less viable collective viewpoint a la Darwinistic stance.

I hope in this debate I didn't offend anyone, cos that wasn't my intention, and if I did I apologise to you as I didn't mean it.
I believe we are all related by humanity, and wish we could live in peace and harmony, but then people do call me a dreamer ;) .
Steady on John Lennon - we ain't finished yet ;)

yes it is a real question. Im curious to hear your thoughts on them using it.

Do you doubt that it was a war crime that has not been matched in modern times and that for this evil they should be held accountable?

AN EXTRACT; Yamaguchi described injured survivors in the aftermath of the atomic bombs. Yamaguchi called the victims "ant-walking alligators" who "were now eyeless and faceless—with their heads transformed into blackened alligator hides displaying red holes, indicating mouths. [...] The alligator people did not scream. Their mouths could not form the sounds. The noise they made was worse than screaming. They uttered a continuous murmur—like locusts on a midsummer night. One man, staggering on charred stumps of legs, was carrying a dead baby upside down"END.

Imagine for a minute that it was you in the description at the end, you might not ask questions like that again.
If no one had sympathy for you, it would be OK. Just as you show none now.
No point arguing this really as better people than me have failed to convince some of the depravity of it, so I can't hope to do so, and I accept that fact, regardless.

quick to jump on the defensive, i only asked your thoughts, not for a personal attack. You havent got a clue what my opinion is

Do you doubt that it was a war crime that has not been matched in modern times and that for this evil they should be held accountable?

AN EXTRACT; Yamaguchi described injured survivors in the aftermath of the atomic bombs. Yamaguchi called the victims "ant-walking alligators" who "were now eyeless and faceless—with their heads transformed into blackened alligator hides displaying red holes, indicating mouths. [...] The alligator people did not scream. Their mouths could not form the sounds. The noise they made was worse than screaming. They uttered a continuous murmur—like locusts on a midsummer night. One man, staggering on charred stumps of legs, was carrying a dead baby upside down"END.

Imagine for a minute that it was you in the description at the end, you might not ask questions like that again.
No point arguing this really as better people than me have failed to convince some of the depravity of it, so I can't hope to do so, and I accept that fact, regardless.

quick to jump on the defensive, i only asked your thoughts, not for a personal attack. You haven't got a clue what my opinion is
OK Thermo it's an issue close to my heart and sometimes I can get carried away in the retoric, :rolleyes: Like I said Accept my apology, I replied a little insensitively to your question :oops: .

On the atom bomb issue , Yes I think it's absolutely without doubt the worst/evil thing you can use, and they used it. I hope that answer's your question. ;)

The dropping of the atom bomb, was the biggest crime ever commited against humanity.

Wotan

You would rather the japanese deployed the bio and chemical agents they had been developing and testing on a invasion force?

The Japanese raped women and children the lined them up with the men shot them and left them to rot in ditches, they also on serveral occasions tested their own WMDs albeit rather poorly on civillian populations.

OK Thermo it's an issue close to my heart and sometimes I can get carried away in the retoric, :rolleyes: Like I said Accept my apology, I replied a little insensitively to your question :oops: .

On the atom bomb issue , Yes I think it's absolutely without doubt the worst/evil thing you can use, and they used it. I hope that answer's your question. ;)

Exactly what it is rhetoric, you hate the yanks for blowing up a bat **** crazy nation with ambitions to take over the world. Nukes may be a evil weapon but chemical and bio weapons ultimatly share the same potential.

As for this haarp bullshit, take the tinfoil hats off for gods sake.

you hate the yanks for blowing up a bat s**t crazy nation with ambitions to take over the world. Nukes may be a evil weapon but chemical and bio weapons ultimatly share the same potential.

I only have a severe dislike of the people who kill other's and sometimes their own on a mass scale for their own agendas , and these are the very people you seem to be advocating and supporting.

Not just the yanks all stupid immoral inhuman devilish bloodsucking leaching world leaders we have, that have done the same.

Now they are killing their own soldiers without giving them help cos they have phsycological issues :rolleyes:
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/deathpenalty/113771
Why don't you complain about them using capital punishment. pick and choose why don't ya.
If this was another country you would be one of the first to haarp on about it- excuse the pun

One word sums up mans fight for supremacy and power and its inherent in him from the dawn of time................

GREED

Sponsored Links
Back