Did you own a BMX?

Great stuff! I wish I'd held on to mine, more for sentimental reasons.

I also had a Santa Cruz skateboard that my dad bought me when I visited California. My mum sold it at a boot fair for £2 when I went to uni…without my permission and she didn’t even give me the money!

It had a mouse skateboarding on the tongue inside a cat’s mouth.

I was gutted she sold it for sentimental reasons, and it looked cool. I’d have it on my wall now if I still had it, but looking at collectors sites that is a rare model, with the last one selling for over $800! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Owned loads. mostly Raleigh. Night burner, super burner, ultra burner.
I currently have a 35year anniversary boxed super tuff and Aero pro burner .
I used to paint stripper the frames as a kid to get the coating off. back to chrome.

I had a Rotor Stunt, you could rotate the handlebars without the cables snagging up!.

Many a day spent at the local disused car park, ramps made from oil barrels and sheet plywood. Those were the days!.

Screenshot_20220506-192701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mine's in the garage though I only bought it about 4 years ago, I say bought it, only paid a few quid off eBay, it was a piece of junk when I bought it but now it's properly functional but it ain't pretty.

Sponsored Links
The new BMXs are different, spinner headsets, small front sprockets, seats not for sitting on and a lot lighter. My oldest bought a Haro 300 at a boot fair for £20, road it around for a bit and sold it on for £200.

Back