Didnt the nazi's belive in this ?

Sponsored Links
This is modern Britain for you,
The Nazis ideology was inspired by Brits like Darwin,Galton and Maria Stopes so I dont understand why everone blames the Nazis when this sort of thing happens.

The cash rewards are stupid.

But your first link is to an incredibly biased idiot, the pathway is for terminally ill patients close to death.

It was designed by charity Marie Curie.

Typical ass-hole bishop who wants people to suffer a slow agonising death because "that's what god intended".

This is modern Britain for you,
The Nazis ideology was inspired by Brits like Darwin,Galton and Maria Stopes so I dont understand why everone blames the Nazis when this sort of thing happens.
I can agree with you that Sir Francis Galton was the father of eugenics, but so far as I have been able to ascertain he did not entertain murdering "imperfect" specimens, which is what the Nazis did. Charles Darwin, whilst a cousin (?) of Dalton did not so far as I can tell postulate ideas of selective breeding of human beings, nor of compulsory euthansia. He did put forward the concept of natural selection which to my mind is completely different. The third of your "triumverate of evil", Marie Stopes, was a true feminist who believed in the principle of controlled reproduction through contraception (or giving women back control over their bodies). It is difficult to see how anyone other than a religious zealot could object to her or her work. With you being in Belfast and referring to "Brits" would I be right in assuming that you are a Republican Northern Irish catholic?

The whole discussion about LCP must also raise the subject of voluntary euthansia, currently classed as murder in the UK. Surely it's time to rethink our attitude about this, preferably withouth the overbearing interference of religious bigotry

Sponsored Links
now there's an interesting question for you gasbanni.

When you are 90, have had a stroke and are unable to walk, speak, get out of bed or use the toilet, and also have a painful and inoperable cancer, will you wish to be propped up and kept going while nature continues to take its slow course?

My old mum didn't.

Why hasn't anyone put Thatcher on this 'pathway' thing?

After all, it's quite apt being named after her 'favourite' city.... ;)

The whole point of the LCP is that it's supposed to be used in cases of terminal illness. Terminal being the operative word. It's usually started within a few days of the patients expected death.
The one person who has brought the LCP to the countries attention is Ms Melanie Philips of the Daily Fail. She has single handedly set back End of Life care, in this country, by at least 30 yrs.
She used a terminal cancer patient as an example. The patient was placed on the LCP and a day later , the family took it upon themselves to take him off it. Feeding him and providing him with fluids/water. He lived (in much pain I imagine) for another 4 weeks. Almost certainly this family caused unnecessary suffering to a family member,,, and for what?
Were we to allow an animal to suffer a slow agonising death, we'd probably end up in court/ prison. Why on earth do we allow fellow human beings to suffer? What separates us from the pets we have, that can't be allowed the same suffering?
The LCP isn't about killing people, but about dignity and pain relief at the end of life.

Dying of cancer is a horrible thing. The only problem with the LCP is it isn't used often enough and soon enough. If I get a dose of terminal cancer I'm not going to be hanging around to the end, party time then off outta here in a nice humane manner while I still feel OK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...athway-corrupt-practice-British-medicine.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...iverpool-Care-Pathway-familys-permission.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ooke-Hospital-told-remove-DNR-order-file.html

No one is disputing that on occasions euthanasia is preferable to an agonizing slow death, however if people are conscious, compus and begging for a drink and want dnr notices to be removed that their wishes shouldn't be granted is beyond words.

People who wish for their lives to continue should be made as comfortable as possible for the time they have left, others who wish to die should be granted that also.

For care and fluids to be denied to someone in the name of quasi medicine and financial considerations against their wishes is bloody diabolical.

The whole point of the LCP is that it's supposed to be used in cases of terminal illness. Terminal being the operative word. It's usually started within a few days of the patients expected death.
The one person who has brought the LCP to the countries attention is Ms Melanie Philips of the Daily Fail. She has single handedly set back End of Life care, in this country, by at least 30 yrs.
She used a terminal cancer patient as an example. The patient was placed on the LCP and a day later , the family took it upon themselves to take him off it. Feeding him and providing him with fluids/water. He lived (in much pain I imagine) for another 4 weeks. Almost certainly this family caused unnecessary suffering to a family member,,, and for what?
Were we to allow an animal to suffer a slow agonising death, we'd probably end up in court/ prison. Why on earth do we allow fellow human beings to suffer? What separates us from the pets we have, that can't be allowed the same suffering?
The LCP isn't about killing people, but about dignity and pain relief at the end of life.

Read this:

http://drkategranger.wordpress.com/...e-through-the-eyes-of-a-doctor-and-a-patient/

the Daily Wail's function is to scare people and to spread misleading nonsense.

Remember the MMR scandal?

For your information,,, I work in a care/nursing home, and have seen the LCP in action (both in the care home and within the NHS. Believe me when I say the LCP is not used to "kill" people. These people have terminal illnesses and will die , whether they are on the LCP or not.
I have seen the LCP in action a fair few times and as recently as today, when one of our residents who'd been in hospital for 2 weeks, was placed on the LCP on Friday and passed away this morning. (and don't you ever believe we become used to death in care homes)
Surely the LCP brings about a dignified end to life. Would anyone here want to prolong the suffering of a loved one?

Sponsored Links
Back