More NHS woes

Sponsored Links
I complained for years about the NHS being totally crap.

The birth of my firstborn child was an unecessarily traumatic event.

Despite the gynocologist giving my wife three internals he failed to record her pelvic measurment on her record card.

This meant that the delivery team had no idea whether the 10lb baby would come out or not.
He almost didn't. He was pulled out by a doctor using forceps and having to put their FOOT on the delivery table to get leverage to yank my boy out. I thought his head was going to come off. The delivery was 28 hrs and my wife was in shock and was stitched up without any pain control. The epidural had been wrongly inserted and the time of the delivery meant my wifes grade 3 episiotomy was stitched up without any pain control.

The gynocologist was struck off for sexually assaulting patients and his perevious consultations with my wife were in effect nothing more than sexual assaults and fondlings for his own gratification hence him not even recording the information he should have done. My wife and child almost died that day. A midwife who shift should have ended came to see us and said 'everything went wrong' and gave us her phone number.

My boy still carries scars on his head to this day 22 years later.

There was a consultant who was requested to attend the birth due to obvious concerns but he never showed up - The reason being the TV in the staff room was playing a live FA cup match.

My poor wife was also in a car crash and after leaving the HDU and being put into an orthopeadic ward with mainly elderly people with fractures.
They did not even change her dressings and tried to get her to walk up and down three steps to prove she was able to leave the ward after only three days. She had an untreated fractured foot she could not put weight on and three broken ribs and a broken collarbone as well as extensive bruising.

The hand sink had a message above saying each paper towel costs 5p
An obvious message to discourage hand washing and then we wondered why MRSA began.

I have complained for many years about the state of 'care' within the NHS but it was always roundly rebuffed by both NHS staff and by a sympathetic public who assumed everything was alright and I was wrong and was rude to dare even attack the NHS.

my father had a stroke when he came off warfarin to have a heart op. His stroke was caused by a clot entering his brain. It took THREE days to get the ward nurses in the STROKE unit to get him back on warfarin to thin his blood again and prevent a reoccurance. They were disinterested and sited various bullshit excuses about going to the dispensary....

When I worked as a manager of an NHS contract recently It was clear that the issue was never about management and ALL about clinical staff attitudes.

So here is a message to all the nurses and doctors and supporters who all slagged me off in the past for DARING to question the NHS.

I was right - you were wrong - sort it out or **** off into a career more worthy of your lack of talents and mercenary attitudes1

I have complained for many years about the state of 'care' within the NHS but it was always roundly rebuffed by both NHS staff and by a sympathetic public who assumed everything was alright and I was wrong and was rude to dare even attack the NHS.

That is the biggest problem - the "sympathetic public" and mainly the generation who saw the Welfare State come in :idea: They believe everything they are spoon fed by the media - then write letters to the local rag saying how well they have been treated - they don`t realise they`ve just been Lucky :rolleyes:

Only ever personally been in hospital privately, that was lovely, could have stayed for weeks!! however both my parents have had fairly extensive NHS treatment, and the experience has ranged from excellent to frankly crap, and that's at the same hospital, so it seems not so much a postcode lottery, but just a complete lottery as to the standard of service you receive.

Sponsored Links
I would love to say they are all foreign and confirm your suspicions but in my experience is that natonality has no bearing.

However African and Aisian members within the NHS WILL pull the race card without a hint of shame.

One black nurse I employed who I was pushing out of the service because she was incapable of doing here job. Smear patients were having to come back again because of inadequate samples , blood samples were being attempted SIX times (pincushion patients) and she claimed she wasn't capable of changing a dressing on a patients finger - That was the last straw.

However she made a big effort of trying to find out who I voted for in the last general election. She wanted to try to hang some racism accusation against me. She had no chance because within work I was absolutely 100% careful with not a single out of place remark.

This did not deter a GP though who told another member of staff I was a racist bastard simply because he did not like the rota I put him on.

Back