Diehl 884 Timer on Baxi 105 HE Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Baxi 105 HE boiler installed at home for hot water and central heating. The central heating is controlled via an electronic timer, and seems to have stopped working entirely.

The boiler is fine and provides hot water on demand, but even if I switch the timer to ignore the timed programmed settings the heating does not come on?

I opened up the boiler (after isolating it) to check on the brand of electronic timer and it's a Diehl 884 Type 1K according to the markings.

Am I correct in assuming this timer is broken? Can I get the boiler to fire up the CH by bypassing the timer at all ?

Is a replacement a simple job to swap (I am your avg home DIY type), and do I have to replace the timer with the same make/model or are other timers compatible with the Baxi 105HE?

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Sponsored Links
There are 4 wires to clock live neutral & the 2 switched wires so to prove clock faulty join 2 switched wires together temporarily

to prove clock faulty join 2 switched wires together temporarily

I am a total novice so is this safe for me to perform?

How should the wires be joined? I think there was some kind of spade connecter on the end from what I saw?

Its very simple to do but if you have to ask then you probably would not be safe!

Its only you who can decide that.

If you make a mistake it could do some costly damage to the boiler. You may be better getting a professional to do it for you.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Its very simple to do but if you have to ask then you probably would not be safe!

Its only you who can decide that.

If you make a mistake it could do some costly damage to the boiler. You may be better getting a professional to do it for you.

Tony

My thoughts exactly.

I've ordered a new timer for £30.00 anyway so may just be better off/safer swapping it to see instead.

Thanks for the advice guys

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back