diesel bleeding

Sponsored Links
On the Meriva post filter change I just turned it over for 20secs the let it rest for 30sec Just toolet starter cool
Nothing on Vauxhall system to specify how

Sponsored Links
all modern small direct injection or common rail diesels are self bleeding...

There *may* be a priming bulb or lever on the fuel filter...but this is just for filling the filter and fuel lines to avoid flattening the battery by cranking until the air is excluded...

Unless you have a leak, of course...Why are you trying to prime the system anyway?
If you ran out of fuel, changed the fuel filter(s) or had to drain the fuel from the lines for any reason, then you should fill the fuel filter with fuel before reassmbling as it will make the process alot quicker...

where you say you here air???? is it just a gurgling???
the tank does pressurise slightly. and or is it the return you can hear after stopping.
Small high flow low pressure lift pump then the one off the engine which is High pressure but very low flow

basically iv had another seconded hand engine fitted and seems to tick over fine and then runs lumpy and same wen u drive along seems to b ok then loose all power then u have to pump the throttle repeatedly for it to start again.the bubblin noise comin from the tank never used to b there only since engine change.please bare in mind im no mechanic and not have much of a clue wen it comes to diesels lol

i cant see how it can b the fuel pump incorrectly timed as it has not been removed from the engine it was all running fine in a different car.as for air leak where would u start to look for that??

An air leak could be anywhere in the fuel feed system (pumps, pipes, filters, etc...You just have to look very carefully and think what may have been touched/joined/altered...

Just because it was running OK in the past doesn't mean the pump cannot be faulty now...However, the air leak is more likely....

Check the fuel filters too

i dont even no were the fuel filter is plus there only two pipes that conect the pump and they seem fine.i really dont no were to start? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back