Zafira diesel fuel filter bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One for any current vauxhall techn.I shortly have to change a fuel filter on a 2.0 diesel Zafira,the TIS states it has to be connected to a bleed pump, vauxhall part KM-948.Do you really have to use this or can you prime the new filter with diesel from a syringe?Don't want to end up with a won't go,airlocked motor on the back yard!!

Sponsored Links
Should be able to just pour diesel into alright, as long as its nearly full youll be fine

hmm, i'd be careful with this one. most of the time you will be alright if you fill the new filter with diesel. have had to suck the fuel through the filter with a vac pump before to get them to start/run. a mightyvac pump ( common workshop vacuum tester) does the job just fine. the newer vauxhalls seem a wee bit prone to airlocking.

If it's the same 2.0l engine as in the Vectra, then if you fill up the filter housing will fuel then you should have no problems.
regards johnwr

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice chaps,is does seem as if you could have problems if you don't pre prime the system before start-up. The engine is the same as the 2.0d vectra I think. It's Vauxhall designation is Y20DTH.Any further info appreciated.

Back