Different size cooker wires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I bought a second hand cooker and just before I was going to put it in I noticed that my original cable coming from my cooker switch is alot thicker then the one coming out the back of the new over. Is this a problem?

My orignal cooker spec : 50hz - 240v, 11.4kw - 230v, 10.47kw

New cooker spec : 230v 50hz total load 9.8kw

Thats whats written on the plates on the front of both cookers. I believe there is a 30amp fuse in my consumer box. Thanks! Rich

Sponsored Links
Really? even though I will have to cut part of the plastic terminal box on the cooker to get the bigger wire through? Im not bothered by that but it must have been designed like that for a reason.

Even though the cables are different sizes will the cooker draw what power it wants, and if its to much or not enough it will just blow the fuse in my box?

Thanks for your reply!

Sponsored Links
I havnt got any. I have been trying the Beko website buts theres something wrong with it at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back