difficult non payer customer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
a customer i have put paper on for is refusing to pay because the paper is damaged so she says! all was perfect when i left the job then when she got back from work i rang her to collect payment. she then claimed the paper damaged.. went to see and she must of rubbed the paper along the seam causing the pattern to come off. then to cap it all off said she had rang trading standards and they advised her to tell me to buy new paper and re do it! the cost of replacing paper would be more than the price of the job..where do i stan with this one.

Sponsored Links
unless you got photo proof or her signature saying she was happy with the finish, then you're screwed..it's your version of things verses hers..

Sponsored Links
and i take it no paperwork signed etc.

don't think you got a leg to stand on
you got no prove of her damaging it.

in your case i'd tell her you'll re-do it rip it all off then f*ck off.

true no proof :cry: would love to take it all off then do a runner, but then she will give me a bad name.. not good for business is it. this is the first bad job i have cume up against hope its the last ! just bothered about the trading standards though.

true no proof :cry: would love to take it all off then do a runner, but then she will give me a bad name.. not good for business is it. this is the first bad job i have cume up against hope its the last ! just bothered about the trading standards though.

I had it loads in my many years and it ***** me off

I had one woman ring the bloody radio and complain about us for doing a shed base to small, even though she give the dimensions.
we landscaped her whole garden, really nice job.
mypic_1270712198.jpg

She had already been ripped off on her exstention and we went out of our way to help her, then we get a call from the radio live on air lol

couldnt believe it!!! told them to get there ass round the job and take a look. We had an on air apology the next day with our work on there website.

But the damage was done in my mind, and a lot of people i knew heard it.

The one thing i hate about our line of work is the general public lol

good luck

Go back, remove wallpaper, make some excuse about having to collect something. Change phone numbers, address etc etc. Job's a good un. ;) ;) ;)

you have the choice of sticking to your guns and not doing it, losing out on the payment, but avoiding the grief, or going back and redoing it and still losing out financially , but keeping your reputation. If you do go back, explain your feelings and tell her you are only doing it out of goodwill and tell her payment is to be made the moment you finish it.

If you do go back, explain your feelings and tell her you are only doing it out of goodwill and tell her payment is to be made the moment you finish it.

that sounds ok.
i'd even chuck in a free paint strip on her car in 6 months time.
i'd make sire i get the last laugh. :LOL:

If she has deliberately damaged the paper then I can only think she's after a reason not to pay anything. Who's to say she'll be any more likely to pay second time around?

You may not get any recommendations through her if you don't go back - but if her friends are anything like her that's probably a good thing.

Sponsored Links
Back