Difficulty accessing compression nut between joists.

It's not that it isn't recommended, it just shouldn't be needed if the compression joint is made correctly.

Sponsored Links
Let's not start this argument again! As I said in my reply. In my opinion.....

Each to their own. If it reassures a plumber to use ptfe on their compressions. Then fair enough. But I would be expecting those fittings not to leak in the future. And in the op's case. They have leaked.

Not blowing my own trumpet in any way. But I don't use ptfe on my compressions and they don't leak. Maybe it's just luck;)

BTW Mr D, if I could be bothered to stalk a fool like you around, I'd be in some of the other sub forums.

As long as your appearances here are limited; in all your various login credentials; and you're well out of the cc, then fine by me.

Sponsored Links
Got them tightened up using a combination spanner (24mm and 32mm spanner). Got a basin wrench aswell for future use.

Getting someone in to replace with soldered joints.

Thanks for replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back