Diffusalux ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, What kind of lighting do you chaps prefer/reccomend for a 6x3 m room? I dont want wall lights, or spot lights, or them on a bar, but I very much like thorn diffusalux, maybe a 2x58w 5ft or a 1x 71w 6ft? or any other alternatives. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I can recommend Thorn fittings. I have installed the college fittings and they have a good light output and work well in a location with up to 5m ceiling height.

DS

it's just a general living/reception room, will use table lamps mostly, but a central ceiling light I'm not sure. cheers.

Sponsored Links
it's just a general living/reception room
Hmmm...

57881-8136667.jpg
57881-4877495.jpg

b1196c02-4bff-408c-a7e8-4033e30ada22.jpeg

Is it a very minimalist room?

plafonnier-rectangulaire-93-cm-halcon-1-en-aluminium.jpg

Thanks BAS, it's actually a conservatory/orangery, call it what you will, but it does not have a glass roof, instead it has a gaurdian warm roof, with a plastered ceiling.
So, maybe 1x6ft diffusalux?, do you think they look slightly commercial/industrial? I think they look good, but i'm open to alternatives.
It's just something to have as a central ceiling light. Thanks.

Do they make the same fitting in led, if so it may be dimmable, then you can adjust it for the mood.

Thanks Rocky, that is a good point, led or the normal tube in a diffusalux fitting, I think with the room being anything but square,..6x3m, a long fitting would suit it better than a round type or central pendant type if you get my drift, I quite like the idea of a 6ft/71w diffusalux, but if anybody can suggest, or link me to something else that would be most welcome. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back