Digging up concrete front garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our front garden is a bit of a state - it's concrete and someone has tried filling some of it, which has made it worse. I have a feeling we'll need to get a professional in, but I thought I'd check first - can anyone recommend what you'd need to do to dig this up and make it tidier? Turf would perhaps be great, but just laying down pebbles would be good - but that concrete needs to come up...

Kgdxmxa.jpg

Sponsored Links
Skip. Concrete breaker and bar to leaver plus a sledgehammer.

Hire it all for the weekend. Not difficult if you want to do it yourself.

Easy way is to get firm in. They will shift that in no time and it will go for crushed concrete. Lay some type 1 gravel then whatever over. If you go for stone it needs to be good for cars to drive on...

Sponsored Links
have a look for the DPM in your house wall. Often topping is laid without thought and raises the external level too high.

Presumably you know this but you could apply for a drop kerb - first.
The council might say "no" but as the garden is concrete already, you could demolish the wall and gain off street parking.
Imho that would increase the value of the house?
Once that was in hand, you could still return the garden to nature, or lay two tyre paths and green the rest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back