Digistat RCI 'Wireless System' WRI Receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
This is a very basic question and am very embarrassed to ask, but... mother in law's central heating WRI receiver has a battery warning sign flashing so have been trying to see how to change them, instructions just say to "press to unlatch" the battery compartments and "slide down" - sounds easy but having taken the unit off the wall I can't see which bit is supposed to slide down - don't want to be too brutal in case I break the casing. Does anyone know of any pictorial idiots guide?
cheers
:oops:

Sponsored Links
I have a Drayton Digistat, not RF though but I think they have the same casing. Here's how I change the battery, but it took me a while to figure it out.

If you hold the thermostat in position as if it was on the wall, look underneath and you will see the battery compartment, and there should be a small slot on the bottom. I use a table knife, held horizontally, and insert in in the slot and push it backwards towards the wall, this releases the latch and the battery compartment drops down out on its own.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Stem, your suggestion worked very well and all done - no way we could open it by hand even now knowing how it does open now - some implement def needed!
Iggs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back