Drayton Digistat SCR receiver not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've got a Drayton Digistat SCR that's stopped working, meaning I can't turn my heating on. The transmitter (a 2RF) is fine and it has new batteries. The fault seems to lie with the receiver, which has no lights coming on at all.

After a bit of searching online, I've tried turning the boiler off at the switch, then turning it back on again with the two buttons on the receiver held down - but still nothing at all from the receiver.

I also noticed some info about how it can sometimes just need a replacement capacitor - but that seems to be when there's a green light on somewhere, but the light's not blinking.
An engineer has suggested it will be around £100 plus labour to replace the whole wireless system, so if anyone here can help set me straight on what the problem is and how I might fix it for less than that, I'll be eternally grateful!

Many thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
just the obvious but the boiler is working and its not a fuse or something is it? Check all the cables for tightness. If you can't fix it just buy a Salus (nice and cheap)and fit yourself its very easy if you have even basic electrical skills. you may just need to note how the Drayton receiver is wired which will then give you the info for how to connect the salus. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALUS-RT5...413668&hash=item415da8eb98:g:YqIAAOxydlFSuXR6

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back