Digistat + RF3 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone offer some advice please?

I had a complete new system put in in November 2009, Vaillaint combi boiler and digistat + RF3 and sender unit. Boiler serviced November 2010 by same company.

Over Christmas the digistat started playing up with an intermittent fault, which after looking online seems quite common. It was showing a flame on the Thermostat but a red alarm light on the sender unit. I'd get it working again eventually but keep going wrong.

I then rang my heating company who said they'd send someone out to look. The guy arrived and said he didn't really know anything about these wireless systems!!! He said that perhaps it was the battery to which I said that if the battery was going I would get a symbol on the thermostat but he kept on about it anyway, he removed the cover, took battery out and out them back in, nothing changed. My other half then touched the battery compartment and it all sprang to life. To which the repair man then said it was all working, didn't know what else to do so he said he'd leave it at that and mention it to his boss!!

Heating unsurprising only stayed on for a few hours before fault reappeared. I called the company the next day and was told they'd send someone out, to which I replied I wanted someone else that knew about the system. They rang back later saying someone would be round with a new system.

All changed and working fine now but today I've had a bill for £68 for the initial guy, who did nothing and I'm now dreading the bill for the replacement. I, obviously naively assumed the system would be under warranty as no mention of cost etc was ever discussed. Could someone clarify?

If this is not the case I would have asked for a different system as I don't want to be forking out for a new system every year!!!

Sponsored Links
The warentee issue is between you and the installer, trading standards might be able to advise you. I would have tried changing the batteries if touching the box got it working, also a lot of the contacts in battery compartments need, from time to time, a little adjusting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back