Digital Aqualisa Shower Not Working

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was using shower and it suddenly stopped pumping, so that water was only coming out at non pumped pressure.

NB Shower is the digital black box in the loft type

Switched it off in the loft at the power socket for a few hours and tried again later. Had the same problem. After a few attempts, tried switching to all cold and it started working again but then when switching off at the shower and back on again, it's stopped working again.

The shower is at least 8 years old and gets a lot of use.

Have been suspecting an air lock but haven't had much success of fixing it, so wondering whether it could be something else?

Was reading somwhere that to reset this shower it must be switched off at the mains for 2/3hours. Is this true?

Any suggestions on the possible problem and what can be done?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Having had 2 of them and both started giving trouble at about 8 yrs I reckon that's the life span. Both motors went but having said that, at 2 showers per day 7 days a week can't really complain. Ebay was my friend.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Sponsored Links
Replaced the complete Box from Ebay. Brother had similar failure but called the Aqualisa help desk, think it was around 700 quid.... I would have changed out the box for him, but he fell for the waffle. 2 phone calls, 1st phone call £700, and 2nd if he had called me, about £200 box only at that time from Ebay and no charge from me to fit. He declined. His money.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Thanks.
I'm actually thinking about switching it to a simple cheap box on the wall type of electric shower.
Currently I have a very very old back boiler with cylinder that I'm thinking about changing to a combi boiler.
I think I'm right in saying that the aqualisa digital shower won't work with a combi boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back