Digital TV problems with Philips set-Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since our area went digital(Belmont) about 3 weeks ago I have a problem with my newest TV .The set is a Philips 26PFL 7532D . I receive about 105 chanels, but when you switch the set off you have to reinstall everything again as it doesnt appear to store them When running is shows signal strenth as good,swich off and it shows poor signal-immediately go through the re-install and it shows signal strenth as good and back to the 105 channels-Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
do you press ok /move the cursor/or whatever it takes to enter the changes
or indeed do you have to do anything
basically what i am saying is your short off one action to complete or going to far and canceling the retune you have just done perhaps
another thought do you unplug anything in the ariel circuit then plug in when you want to use the tv

Sponsored Links
do you press ok /move the cursor/or whatever it takes to enter the changes
or indeed do you have to do anything
basically what i am saying is your short off one action to complete or going to far and canceling the retune you have just done perhaps
another thought do you unplug anything in the ariel circuit then plug in when you want to use the tv

Everything is in order i.e it reloads the channels,you press store (which it does) and you can view the tv- once you switch off it comes back on showing no signal strength-go through the re-install and everything is fine ,it evens shows signal strength as excellent. So far I have replaced the coax cable and we even unplugged the set for a week!

Have you tried getting some help from Philips? Their support web site has Live Chat. Go to www.p4c.philips.com and put in your model number 26PFL7532D and choose the /05 version for the UK model.

Everything is in order i.e it reloads the channels,you press store (which it does) and you can view the tv- once you switch off it comes back on showing no signal strength-go through the re-install and everything is fine ,it evens shows signal strength as excellent. So far I have replaced the coax cable and we even unplugged the set for a week!

what i meant was if you unplug rather than just turn off your freeveiw recorder box for example you have a time delay before it warms up and powers up to allow the signal through so if you do unplug try not unplugging and see what happens

what i meant was if you unplug rather than just turn off your freeveiw recorder box for example you have a time delay before it warms up and powers up to allow the signal through so if you do unplug try not unplugging and see what happens
Normally we leave it on standby, but we have unplugged it and left it unplugged to see if that would clear the memory.

Leaving a Philips TV in standby is a BAD idea, as the power switch is a rather strange design, and fails.

I'd suggest that this TV is faulty, and the 'eeeprom' has failed. It used to be called an eprom, but now 'learns', and reprogrammable.

Also to anyone else reading - leaving the set in standby, bypasses the degaussing stage, so you end up with shadows on the screen? Not good.

I think you should add, for the benefit of the majority - who wouldn't recognise a gauss if it rose up and hit them on the nose - that your comment applies only to TVs that have a CRT* display. Modern "digital" TVs don't have or require a degaussing circuit.

In my experience, switching the power off once a fortnight is sufficient to keep the CRT screen free from unwanted "colour washes".

*Cathode Ray Tube

(EEPROM - electrically erasable programmable read only memory ?)

I am a recently retired TV engineer. I have a similar set to this and so has my daughter and we both have the same problem. It is a software fault and going by past experience, Philips will not be resolving it. When I was working my employer was a main Philips dealer and we could not get anywhere with this problem as it has been ongoing with several chassis, the latest being the LC7.2E. I am missing 3 multiplexes after retuning and switching the set to standby. I have scanned and saved without the aerial in to empty the memory. I have individually entered each frequency manually, found 106 services only to lose 3 whole multiplexes after switching off. The banner on screen shows the channel number and info but no picture. I think it is to do with the software not finding the Network Identification Tag, or Table (NIT). I have given up and now use my Humax PVR to watch the missing channels.

Further to my last post, Philips now say that a system reset should cure most sets. When the set is on press and hold the "menu" button on the tv and hold for several seconds until the screen goes blank. Wait until the OSD comes on. Press "OK" to start a full scan, analogue and digital, and all should be well. (When it goes to digital you have to select language and country.) I've tried my own tv and so far it is remembering channels after being switched off. I am surprised that this fix is so simple because when I was working we couldn't get any sense out of Philips at all. Perhaps they have been inundated with calls and have been forced into action.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back