Dimmer switch fitting help!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First i would like to say Hi to all on these forums and hope that i can be of help to others.
Tried to change my light switch to a remote controled dimmer switch.
I have 3 wires connected to the normal switch 2 red , 1 black. The thicker red goes to L1, Black goes to L2 and the thinner red to L3 Ii have tried to wire the dimmer switch which has 3 connections load,slave and live but with no look, Just couldn't get it to work at all.
so tried it in another room (just to test)which only had 2 wires, red live and black work a treat.Can anyone tell me how to wire this with the 3 wires specified.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ok, then did you make a note of which terminals you used when it worked in the other room? these two terminals are the ones you need to use.
then
1. switch light on, turn off breaker, remove one cable from the switch start with the black put it in a connector block on its own. turn the breaker back on see if the light comes and off as normal. if it does the two cables go in the terminals you used earlier, you may have to try them both ways around to get it to work.
2 if not black wire, switch off breaker, put switch back together and try the red thats with the black and repeat

ok, then did you make a note of which terminals you used when it worked in the other room? these two terminals are the one you need to use.
then
1. switch light on, turn off breaker, remove one cable from the switch start with the black put it in a connector block on its own. turn the breaker back on see if the light comes and off as normal. if it does the two cables go in the terminals you used earlier, you may have to try them both ways around to get it to work.
2 if not black wire, put switch back together and try the red thats with the black and repeat
Cheers m8 will give that a go tomorrow.
i will let you know how i went on thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back