dimmer switch prob ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi . i seem to have a prob with trying to wire a dimmer switch , i have a single rocker switch on the landing, and a twin dimmer switch downstairs, and am trying to replace the twin dimmer, but every combination of wireing i try seems to work out wrong ! i have 3 connections on the top -L1,L2 and com , and the same at the bottom, and have 5 wires coming from the wall, 2 red 1 yellow 1 blue and 1 black, where do they go please ? many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Where did they go on the old switch?

If that worked OK it'd probably be an idea to keep to the same scheme....

Thanks for your promt reply , problem is i tried to copy the other connections but must have got it wrong ? there must be a right way , ijust cant find it ? lol

Sponsored Links
Make a note of where they were in the old fitting? and details of the new one and someone here will help?

Of course?, you learned the hard way? to make notes as you go?

Thanks guys , prob solved this morn just swapped 2 wires and hey presto we have light ! your right about making notes , i did do this but cocked it up somehow ? thanks again for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back