Dimming LED bulb.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished decorating our dining room and refitted the lamp similar to this
1664923917609.png
and the 100W bulb had become detatched from the B22 cap. Currently fitted a 60W but not bright enough.
Im looking for suggestion for suitable replacement and dimmer to go with it. I've encountered some aweful combinations of flickering, virtually no dimming etc and wish to avoid a learning curve.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sorry, not really answering your question, but...

Do you regularly use the dimmer, or is the light usually set at a certain level, and only changed occasionally?
If it's occasional, you could consider a smart bulb and a standard switch.
Having all the technology in the bulb seems to give decent dimming performance, when mixing and matching bulbs/dimmers can be troublesome.

Although I have no experience with bulbs of 100W equivalence, there seem to be some available:

Last edited:
Sorry, not really answering your question, but...

Do you regularly use the dimmer, or is the light usually set at a certain level, and only changed occasionally?
If it's occasional, you could consider a smart bulb and a standard switch.
Having all the technology in the bulb seems to give decent dimming performance, when mixing and matching bulbs/dimmers can be troublesome.

Although I have no experience with bulbs of 100W equivalence, there seem to be some available:
Thanks for the thought and yes I agree the built in dimmers are good.

It is adjusted on a very regular basis and by different people, the room also gets ocassionally used for office, TV, meetings. I really don't wish to add complication to it.

S.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back