Dimplex Opti-Myst fires

If you are going to have to replace the transducer on a yearly basis, maybe you should have bought more than 1.

How big an order would you have needed to get free shipping?

I do not envisage having to replace it annually, I assume because I left it connected when closing down for the summer, that caused the problem, and as far as I can see, there is no discount for multiple orders

I had the same problem but fortunately it was still in warranty and Dimplex supplied a transducer complete. I disamantled the old one and found that the problem was due to calcification on the disc. A soak in diluted brick cleaner solved it. Solution is to empty the tank and dry out the transducer if the fire is not going to be used for a while.

Sponsored Links
Solution is to empty the tank and dry out the transducer if the fire is not going to be used for a while.

Agreed, but did Dimplex not say , well you should have emptied the tank etc

how do you know if its the transducers.......we are also unable to get the myst working....but ours starts up then after about 30 secs beeps and switches off..... is this down to faulty or dirty transducers or something else..??

If there is a fault, the electronics controlling the ultrasonic misting unit shuts down the system. This will happen if the tank is empty or if there is a poor contact on the jack plug connector, as well as a faulty transducer. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your eply.....but the jack plug is okay I am sure as the unit was working fine until it suddenly shut down.....it will not be the water tank empty as the whole unit goes off and not just the Mysting unit.......the tranducers are dirty will that cause a serious fault..??

Hi all

Good to join you all

Please can anyone advise:

I have a dimplex Optimyst Cadogan stove type, and the bulb assembly unit has given up as the bulbs wont light but i can hear the click that usually happens as the bulbs light. I have spoken with dimplex and the new part from uk spares is approx £70.00. Just wondered if anyone has had to replace one or has indeed repaired one as they are standard 2 pin bulbs?? :?:

Thanks for your eply.....but the jack plug is okay I am sure as the unit was working fine until it suddenly shut down.....it will not be the water tank empty as the whole unit goes off and not just the Mysting unit.......the tranducers are dirty will that cause a serious fault..??

Not sure if you sorted this but you can try the form below (or what I did was email aftersales as in the link) tell them the issues and they will try and diagnose fault and then give you part numbers that you need.
http://www.dimplex.co.uk/corporate_information/contact_us/contact_form.htm :)

Having turned the unit off for the summer, I have just tried to start using it again, it seems that the transducer has water damage, so I (after reading this forum) I ordered a replacement disk from UK Spares, a very quick response and the disk is on its way, however, see the copy f the invoice below and check the cost of the disk and the delivery charge!
=============================================
SKUProduct NameProduct statusPriceQtyTotal incl VAT.
7511063 Dimplex 7511063 Shipped £12.32
1 £14.78 Subtotal incl VAT.£14.78
Standard UK Shipping£8.40
Total£23.18
=============================================
Watch out, collect it if you are near.

I'm just thinking about buying a new dimplex fire, the comments are very helpful. This mister unit looks familiar to me and I wonder if it's the same one that maplin sell, they do two different sizes, 16mm and 20mm and the spare disc is approx £3.49. £2.99 delivery. It might of course be different but it looks very similar, and these parts are often mass produced and distributed under different names. Probably worth a look.

Have just returned from Maplin with 20mm membrane catalogue No. L41AK £3.49 (inc VAT). It fits and works well. The complete mist maker is also available from Maplin at £19.99 (£46 from Dimplex). The only other problem I have had with the Danville fire is that the lampholders burnt out after 2 years, Dimplex wanted £70 for a complete assembly - I bought four, better quality, individual lampholders for less than £1 each in my local hardware shop.

Have just returned from Maplin with 20mm membrane catalogue No. L41AK £3.49 (inc VAT). It fits and works well. The complete mist maker is also available from Maplin at £19.99 (£46 from Dimplex). The only other problem I have had with the Danville fire is that the lampholders burnt out after 2 years, Dimplex wanted £70 for a complete assembly - I bought four, better quality, individual lampholders for less than £1 each in my local hardware shop.

Hi, My fire was giving off only a little myst even on the high setting. I've purchased the Maplin transducer and fitted it but I now don't get any myst. I checked and its connected properly and the connection into the sump is screwed in properly too.

Was yours just a straight swap and it worked?

Thanks

One possible reason for little or no mist is that the resonanant frequency of the replacement membrane does not match the frequency of the driver powering the membrane.

Hi richuk,
I replaced the ceramic membrane not the transducer. The Maplin 20mm membrane was a straight swap into the Dimplex original fit transducer and is still working well. The Maplin transducer appears to be a direct replacement, however it might be wise to check that the voltage and current ratings are the same as the original fit - 24volt DC / 500mA for the unit fitted to my Danville fire.

Regards.

Well, I duly bought the optimyst fire as planned. Great. Until 2 weeks after buying the mist stopped working, and the lights cut out. Topped up the water and checked it over and turned it on, lights on, 30 seconds, lights out!
So I contacted the manufacturer as listed in the handbook and they were very helpful. Apologised, and sent out FedEx a replacement transducer free of charge. I received it very quickly only two days later. So replaced the transducer and all working again. Great. Hopefully it should be ok now. Very happy with after sales service.

having paid £575 for this dimplex piermont fire not quite 2 years ago its used as a focal point so no fire for heat,within 6 months the seal on the water tank disintergrated this was replaced even though we use filtered water at all times then the transducer unit for producing the steam stopped working this was replaced under warrenty. Now the two middle lights stopped working swopped over for the outer two worked !. so removed the light bar to find the outer covering on the wiring to the holder had become brittle and snapped contacted Dimplex was told it was out of warrenty and was given a phone number for the spare parts when I contacted this firm was told you had to purchase the complete bar at £82 plus vat told them that someones having a laugh and its not me :eek: the wiring is not heat shrunk plus the bulbs after a while become loose in there sockets as well with the constant opening and closing of the water draw.If someone is looking for a electric log stove give this one a miss I have learnt a expensive mistake and Dimplex are no help whatso ever

You should contact the people you bought it from. You have consumer rights law behind you here.

< 24 months is not 'satisfactory durability' for a £575 fire...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back