Dimplex Opti-Myst fires

You could POSSIBLY use the Maplin Mister in the Later type--with the Orange water-tank, but it definitely will NOT fit in the earlier type sump....

Earlier type--Blue water tank--Repairable.

Later type --Orange water Tank--Not repairable, you have to replace the KERI Mister 'puck'--which MAY or May Not be the same as the Maplin one--It LOOKS Identical in the pictures Ive seen,--and Half the price......

Sponsored Links
Dimplex mister for later-type-

sp01708520.jpg

Maplin Mister-

mini-fogger-mist-generator.jpg

(For some reason, I cant get the Dimplex one to display)

You could POSSIBLY use the Maplin Mister in the Later type--with the Orange water-tank, but it definitely will NOT fit in the earlier type sump....
Sorry to labour the point - do you mean "won't fit into the recess (or whatever) where the original is"? I was wondering if you could simply plop it in and have it lie at the bottom of the water, like it would do if you bought one to use in any random water feature.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to labour the point - do you mean "won't fit into the recess (or whatever) where the original is"? I was wondering if you could simply plop it in and have it lie at the bottom of the water, like it would do if you bought one to use in any random water feature.

Two Reasons..... Mainly--It Just Wont Fit!

The space is only about 1.5" wide, and if you managed to find one that was small enough to fit--The water-level above the transducer would be way too small.
This is a critical distance for correct operation.

Having had more problems with my Danville optymist I've just returned to the forum to discover that more and more people are becoming disilusioned with the Dimplex Optymist range. As previously stated by others, I agree that the concept is good and the flame effect is very effective however Dymplex should have spent more time on their research and developement and not cut corners on the quality of the materials.

As stated in my original missive I have previously fitted the Maplin membrane cat.No. L41AK to the Dimplex Keri transducer and it worked well. However, I have since replaced the transducer with the Maplin item cat.No. L38AK this too is a direct fit and works well (it is rated at 36watt the original unit is marked as 500mA)

N.B. My fire is the Danville with later orange internals.
It still produces too much mist but no more so than the original!

Welshcouple--

Ah--Thats good to know. So--The Maplin mist-maker fits and works. I suspect it is exactly the same device.
--Even though marked differently the fact it works and acts the same--ie, too much mist rather confirms this in my mind...

With the earlier type--Mist production was directly acted on when the control was adjusted.

There is no such feature with the later variety, as the mist-maker is fixed in its power, mist output being controlled by the fan only....

Having had more problems with my Danville optymist I've just returned to the forum to discover that more and more people are becoming disilusioned with the Dimplex Optymist range.
I think we now know why Dimplex called it what they did.
;)

Dymplex should have spent more time on their research and developement and not cut corners on the quality of the materials.
That's not how capitalism works.

Is the symptom of the transducer failure no mist and fire switches off as if it's run out of water?

No--Transducer failure will not cause the fire to shut down, only no mist production.

If you have the usual grey sump/blue water-tank and you have this fault, then the electronics inside the sump are faulty and need repairs. This is the classic failure mode, and Ive repaired many dozens like this.

The alternative is complete sump replacement at around £160.00 as individual parts are not available for this type sump.

Ah OK, so my Oakhurst is about 18 months old and has an Orange tank, if I switch on the heater elements only, no problem, when I chose mist then shut down after say 15 - 20 seconds, any ideas?

Orange-tank--Do as advised earlier in this thread--ie, Go to Maplin and buy the small mister device L38AK and fit that.

Thanks a million for your advice, are the lamps readily available or are they something bespoke do you know?

MR16 Amber 50W 12V Lamps are available practically anywhere--But Its the Lamp Sockets that are SO CRAP--the lamps outlast 'em!

Do NOT use 'LED' low energy lamps--they will not work properly, the smoke will just sit in bottom of the fire The lamps Must be 50W Halogen....

Using a 1.6MHz disc in Opti-myst doesn't work--Without Electronic Circuit Modifications, I know to my cost--As Ive tried many different type discs from many sources in the earlier type trying to source suitable ones....

Give us a shout if you need any advice with these troublesome things.....

Hi AlastairE, that you for great posts here!
Yes, 1.7 Mhz transducer disc doesn not work. I ordered one from China and replaced it today in my Dimplex with blue tank. It gives just 1/2 inch water hill with no mist at all.

Could you, please, advise how to adapt electronics from 2,2 to 1.7 Mhz freq?

Thank you in advance,
Alex
PS: sump design is really wird. someone crazy made such mounting of transducer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back