Dimplex Optimyst Stove. 24v DC Sump fan not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - my first time on this forum.
Has anyone come across the problem where the 24v DC sump fan on an Oakhurst Optimyst Electric Stove isn't turning but the lights and transducer are powered and working. I've tested the fan with a 9v battery and it turns fine. So it feels to me like the DC power source must have failed?
Not sure how likely or common this is or whether it's possible to effect a home repair? Grateful for views.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Just had similar. Transducer creating mist, fan not turning. It seems there must be an amount of ' captive mist ' in the closed tank, before the fan kicks in. Also, our fan ended up being u/ s. Got a replacement alike off the bay. Look for 24 volt, 50 X 50 mm blower. They're used in 3D printers cost £3 delivered!!. Just swap the plug, solder & sleeve, make sure colours/match.
Sourced replacement transducers, complete, plug& play, £19 delivered, same place btw!
Dave

Sick of repairing mine so I've finally given up on my Oakhurst. The most unreliable £500 pounds worth ever.
Just ordered a new Non Dimplex and Non optimyst fire.
Certainly can not recommend Dimplex, but it certainly looked great when it did decide to work.

Sponsored Links
Hi I've got a sacramento opti_mist and the mist fan as stopped working I've replaced it still not working any idea's

They are named “optimystic” for a reason ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back