1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Dimplex Optimyst Stove. 24v DC Sump fan not turning

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by JC99, 24 Jan 2020.

1. JC99

JC99

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi - my first time on this forum.
    Has anyone come across the problem where the 24v DC sump fan on an Oakhurst Optimyst Electric Stove isn't turning but the lights and transducer are powered and working. I've tested the fan with a 9v battery and it turns fine. So it feels to me like the DC power source must have failed?
    Not sure how likely or common this is or whether it's possible to effect a home repair? Grateful for views.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. David Shuttleworth

David Shuttleworth

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    Just had similar. Transducer creating mist, fan not turning. It seems there must be an amount of ' captive mist ' in the closed tank, before the fan kicks in. Also, our fan ended up being u/ s. Got a replacement alike off the bay. Look for 24 volt, 50 X 50 mm blower. They're used in 3D printers cost £3 delivered!!. Just swap the plug, solder & sleeve, make sure colours/match.
    Sourced replacement transducers, complete, plug& play, £19 delivered, same place btw!
    Dave

4. Tony Whiteley

Tony Whiteley

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    David . . . did this fix your problems?
    Tony

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local