diplomat adp 0322 oven and grill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have just bought a house and with it, a diplomat adp 0322 oven and grill. This is currently plugged in with a 13amp plug, but i am wondering if it should really be hardwired. Can anyone advise us? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is limited information available on the internet regarding this product, so questions.
Is the appliance purely electrical or is it gas fueled too?
I ask this, as it could be the flex could be offering power for ignition only.
If it is an electrical appliance, do you have the manufacturers instruction and does that inform you on how it should be supplied?
If not do you know the output power rating of this appliance?
This should be found on a plate at the back of the appliance.
Is the plug top a moulded plastic one, (where the fuse can be removed without opening the plug up and the plug top can not be removed via screws) or is it one you can buy off the shelf somewhere and connect yourself?
What colour is the flex/cable coming from the oven to the plug top?
This information will help.
The top plug is a moulded one

Hi sorry for limited info. The plug is behind built in cupboards that the clowns we bought the house from cleverly placed it! I was trying to avoid pulling the kitchen apart but it looks like I may have to. God knows what the oven has been fixed in with but it's almost impossible to get out without the use of a crowbar so I can't see the plate on the back of the oven which is why I wondered if anyone knew just by the model number. The oven and grill are electric, no gas. I am a sparks so wiring wouldn't be an issue but dismantling the kitchen if I don't need to, would be!! Thanks for replying so quickly buddy, much appreciated.

There is limited information available on the internet regarding this product, so questions.
Is the appliance purely electrical or is it gas fueled too?
I ask this, as it could be the flex could be offering power for ignition only.
If it is an electrical appliance, do you have the manufacturers instruction and does that inform you on how it should be supplied?
If not do you know the output power rating of this appliance?
This should be found on a plate at the back of the appliance.
Is the plug top a moulded plastic one, (where the fuse can be removed without opening the plug up and the plug top can not be removed via screws) or is it one you can buy off the shelf somewhere and connect yourself?
What colour is the flex/cable coming from the oven to the plug top?
This information will help.
The top plug is a moulded one

I am guessing this appliance is freestanding and not intergrated into an oven housing?
So it should just pull out from its location, sometimes the flooring is laid after the appliances have gone in or allowance for height, means the floor does not go all the way under the appliance, so a lip/step may be left at the bottom making it a little more difficult to pull out, might just need lifting up and over at the bottom of the cooker.

Sponsored Links
Is there a service number on the nameplate? (12 digits, starts with 85-----)

Does the selector switch allow for the top (grill) element to be used at the same time as the fan oven element.

Alot of ovens now come with an in ability to have both elements powered up at the same time so are safe to use on a 13A plug (in fact they come fitted with them)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back