Dipping toe into painting

Sponsored Links
No. My car ac removes water. It's very drying for my eyes.
Air conditioning doesn’t compress air

It removes moisture because the heat exchanger cools the air and it condenses out the moisture.

You air compressor just compresses air with moisture which then goes down the line to the gun.

To be honest moisture is not your biggest problem

The whole thing might fail from unanticipated factors
They aren’t unanticipated, you’ve been warned about them.

Your biggest learning curve will be getting the factors which are all interconnected, right. You need to thin the paint to the right viscosity, get the gun set up correctly with correct pressure and have the right air supply, correct tip and nozzle size.

To improve your chances of success I recommend you warm the paint. Put the tin in a builders bucket then pour in boiling water from a kettle, leave for 10 minutes. Be mindful of expansion, leave the screw on lid a little loose.

You air compressor just compresses air with moisture which then goes down the line to the gun.
For a man claiming to have experience, you have no experience at all. Is that why you think everyone else makes up stuff like you do?

Compressing air containing water is same as compressing cloth containing water. The water is squeezed out and pulled to the bottom by gravity. The resulting air/cloth is water free by some technical measure. Removing water from air removes the heat from air. What comes out of the compressor is dry AC air by some technical measure. I derived this information from three 26-second runs of the compressor yesterday using no attachments. Why have you been unable to observe this from years of spraying furniture?

In fact, this post has given me new info that I don't actually need an air separator, assuming the compressor is properly designed to not allow condensed water to run past the outlet positions. This further frees more cfm/psi for me to use.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
For a man claiming to have experience, you have no experience at all. Is that why you think everyone else makes up stuff like you do?

Compressing air containing water is same as compressing cloth containing water. The water is squeezed out and pulled to the bottom by gravity. The resulting air/cloth is water free by some technical measure. Removing water from air removes the heat from air. What comes out of the compressor is dry AC air by some technical measure. I derived this information from three 26-second runs of the compressor yesterday using no attachments. Why have you been unable to observe this from years of spraying furniture?

In fact, this post has given me new info that I don't actually need an air separator, assuming the compressor is properly designed to not allow condensed water to run past the outlet positions. This further frees more cfm/psi for me to use.
Well I've learnt a lot from that.

Why not just take the vehicle er, I mean the panels to a decent bodyshop? Think of the bother you will save: avoid ****poor outcome, avoid getting paint all over the garage, avoid asphyxiating yourself. Think of the loss the latter would be to this forum? The posters here would be in mourning for well er, minutes...probably.

There’s no panels. There’s no compressor. There’s no paint. It’s all in his twisted head.

Why have you been unable to observe this from years of spraying furniture?
Because the system I used was a 40cfm hydrovane Compair compressor with an air dryer and filter system, so the factory airlines were fed with dry, clean air.

Your compressor will condense out some water, but some will remain.

You’ve still not posted any photos of your air compressor so I don’t think you’ve got one.

Why not just take the vehicle er, I mean the panels to a decent bodyshop?
I have a better idea, why don't you give me the money and I buy a new car? It saves all of us the hassle.

I have a personal policy, nobody touches my car. It worked exceptionally well to-date, and will continue to work well until the road tax forces me to abandon the car.

Last edited:
Gosh, I've missed this thread! (Not that I know much about spray painting, I'm rubbish at it, so I wouldn't have had anything useful to contribute). Would I be right in thinking, however, that it started out with Nutjob asking some questions, then getting answers from various people who have actually done it, and then half a dozen pages of him telling them they're wrong...? ;)

Last edited:
Gosh, I've missed this thread! (Not that I know much about spray painting, I'm rubbish at it, so I wouldn't have had anything useful to contribute. Would I be right in thinking, however, that it started out with Nutjob asking some questions, then getting answers from various people who have actually done it, and then half a dozen pages of him telling them they're wrong...? ;)
You are wong.

People with body shop experience, explain this please:

all non compliant material must not be used for the refinishing of passenger vehicles unless it has been classified as classic or vintage.

Any VOC material is non-compliant. So, are all body shops using water based paint now?

For people not aware, cellulous paint isn't petrol resistant. That suggests it is no better than 1k.

Sponsored Links
Back