Dipping toe into painting

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Using car paint with an air brush. Doesn't take much CFM, or many HP.

I have an air brush, but won't bother with it. It's simply too small to deal with any sizeable panel. Way back, I did attempt paint repair using that. The problem was non-blending of the colour to the rest of the panel. The air brushing was not a problem and no thinning of the paint was necessary. The compressor was 0.13 HP.

I admit saying body shops are buying VOC paints. It's not clear who else would buy them since there are very few DIYers.

VOC's themselves aren't non compliant, but a compliant paint has a VOC content below the defined threshold.

As @Lower says, in order to be compliant, a paint has to have no more than a given amount of VOCs

I have no idea why NutJob thinks that 2K paints are not compliant. Perhaps he saw something to that effect on Youtube.

I use 2K (isocyanate) paints/lacquers from time to time.

None of the ones I used prior to the 2010 VOC regulations were removed from the market.

I have an air brush, but won't bother with it. It's simply too small to deal with any sizeable panel. Way back, I did attempt paint repair using that. The problem was non-blending of the colour to the rest of the panel. The air brushing was not a problem and no thinning of the paint was necessary. The compressor was 0.13 HP.
But in post 1, you said.

I have some beginner experience with rattle cans, and that's about all. I have never touched an air compressor

So, what is it ?

But in post 1, you said.

I have some beginner experience with rattle cans, and that's about all. I have never touched an air compressor

So, what is it ?

Mate- why are you feeding the troll- and yes, I appreciate that I responded prior to your post. Mea culpa.

Mate- why are you feeding the troll- and yes, I appreciate that I responded prior to your post. Mea culpa.
I know I know.

But its exposing the troll, I know its sort of feeding it. Exposing it hopefully embarrasses him enough to stop.

Why are you telling people when and when not to post? Is it a habit from being with the cabal?

Paint seller says:

2K/2PACK Compliancy Regulations and Health and Safety. You may only purchase non-compliant 2K products if you intend to use them for industrial or agricultural uses and not for automotive purposes as this is now illegal.

Sponsored Links
Back