Direction to paint ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bet there's a billion threads on this, sorry...

I have a small room with 4 walls.

Window (only source of light) is in wall A. The only door is directly opposite, wall B.

Which direction should I paint ceiling ? My understanding was I should roll from A towards B, but in small sections at a time across the room.

I'm on my 3rd coat and it still looks patchy. I've tried all the usual suggestions, now about giving up!

Sponsored Links
dockofthebay, good evening.

My preference is to paint long strips from your wall A to B and try not to over coat one strip to another, if you paint a patch then that "Patch" is drying and appears patchy later.

Ken

dockofthebay, good evening.

My preference is to paint long strips from your wall A to B and try not to over coat one strip to another, if you paint a patch then that "Patch" is drying and appears patchy later.

Ken

Thanks Ken. I haven't tried that approach yet, may give it a go tomorrow morning. Do you do any overlap at all between the long strips?

Sponsored Links
I try to keep overlap small, trick seems to be to work with a"Wet Edge" of "New" applied paint so it all dries as uni formally as possible.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back