Disaster - Can I buy like for like radiator valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I've made a boo boo and snapped the valve on one of my radiators when I was replacing them for shiny new ones.

Can you buy these or would you recommend just getting a std valve and using a microbore adapter.

I swapped to 15mm in the bathroom using a freezing kit which the first time didn't freeze fully so flooded... then the second time froze too much of the pipe so couldn't get a insert into the pipe :(

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 374
Sponsored Links
Yes, any plumbers merchants or DIY store or screwfix etc. should have them available for you - just depends which is the nearest.

As above Screwfix do them. Pay attention to the tread sizes though as the tail on yours has a bigger thread

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Evening All,

I've made a boo boo and snapped the valve on one of my radiators when I was replacing them for shiny new ones.

Can you buy these or would you recommend just getting a std valve and using a microbore adapter.

I swapped to 15mm in the bathroom using a freezing kit which the first time didn't freeze fully so flooded... then the second time froze too much of the pipe so couldn't get a insert into the pipe :(
Tip.....take it easy..must of given that some coco to snap it!

Thanks for the help, I managed to swap it out and even got the freezing kit to work... only snag was the olive was deep in the pipe and the old nut wouldn't tighten on the new valve so ended up having to delicately cut the nut and olive off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back