Discharge outlet on sink trap connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
2 years ago when I bought a dishwasher I connected it to my sink drain. Its a double sink and each drain has an unused smaller threaded outlet that was capped off using a plastic cap.
I went to B&Q and could only find 40mm versions of what I wanted (an elbow which screws on and gives me a pipe that I slide the dishwasher drain hose over).
I eventually bought a full trap and used just the discharge pipe off it screwed onto my existing drain.
It fitted OK the issue is it leaks!
The flowplast unit that I bought has 2 rubber washers (one seems like a check flap) which sit inside the threaded collar against a flat surface, however on my sink there is no similar flat surface, its just a narrow ridge, and subsequently the washer doesnt seal.
Could anyone tell me what I need because I can't find anything that will do the job!

A picture below is what I bought to use for just the short pipe

http://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image//ae235?src=ae235/21296_P&$prodImageMedium$

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back