New kitchen sink in slightly different location

I've finally gotten around to drilling the new hole today and have roughly assembled the pipework (still need to fine tune some of the pipe lengths once the sink is in place).

I just wanted to check that the mocked up work looked correct. I cored a 52mm hole so the tee just fits inside, allowing the pipe from the appliance trap to run parallel to the wall. I put the appliance trap on the left, even though the dishwasher will be on the right, to prevent the downpipe from obstructing yet to be installed copper pipes.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

08jTf0pl.jpg

Lebc6B6l.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks very smart, my comment is mostly aesthetics.. normally I'd try to take the trap backwards from the sink if possible, just to increase the usable space in the cupboard. If you could have the tee with an elbow instead going vertically up to the sink, you can fit the vertical pipe behind the trim panel of the cupboard which would be neater. You would end up with the washer trap a bit higher but you don't need the full length anyway.
Other than that Good luck with it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back