Discoloured paint in corners of the room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

looking for a little guidance. We are going round our house making rooms good before we sell shortly however I have hit a snag with my sons room.

the room was part of an extension built before we moved in and has always had small cracks in the apex lines where walls meet the ceiling. when we moved in I scraped back, fillered and then painted. Everything fine. We knew a few of the cracks has reappeared so I was going to repeat s as I’m back to my sons room to that one ready however what is making me concerned now is that about an inch banding on the ceiling at the edge next to the crack is now discoloured (darkened white) and starting to flake...

Do I
- do the same as I did before scrape back, sanding, filler and paint
Or
- get a builder in to assess for damp (could it be damp??)...

I am really concerned about the second option... and what it might mean

any guidance would be hugely appreciated

thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
Use paper tape as a corner tape. See youtube. Damp meter is cheap so buy one and monitor to see if it's winter condensation or if damp in summer it's something else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back