disconnecting a burglar alarm, help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a burglar alarm which I wish to diconnect, however every time i try to tamper with it, it goes off. The noise comes from the siren on the stairs and not from the box on the house outside. How can I disconnect it for good? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Assuming a typical domestic set up and that you do not know the engineer's codes-----
Turn off the mains supply.
(The alarm panel batterry, unless "flat", will maintain a supply and hold off the alarm bell.)
Open the panel.
(The alarm panel batterry will cause the tamper circuit to set off the alarm)
Disconect the batterry.
(The absence of any supply to the alarm bell box anti tamper circuit will now cause the bell box batterry to sound the alarm bell)
Open the bell box and disconnect the batterry. (Or leave it to run down if you don't like the neighbours)
At your leisure disconnect the mains supply to the alarm panel at the supply point.
Remove the alarm panel, etc.
Don't forget to warn the neighbours before you star and work fast!!.

.. and wear ear plugs..
While some control panel sounders are warbly buzzers the 110db in your ear on top of a ladder isn't fun :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back