Disconnecting accent LEDs in ceiling downlighter unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my flat, I have a pair of ceiling downlighters that have blue accent LEDs that I would like to disconnect.

https://imgur.com/a/z0lK034

In the second picture, they are the four live/neutral cables on the right of the power distribution block.

What is the safe way of going about this - cut the cables, terminate with wago connectors and place inside a junction box? I'm not sure there is enough height for a wagobox light inside the chandelier though.

Or is it best to replace the whole chandelier with something more my preference?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If possible, can you take the unit down and take a better photo of the insides?

The LEDs are extra low voltage, and are the halogen bulbs 12V?
The 'power distribution block' may be a 12V power supply.

With a better pic we should be able to confirm this and if it is 12V, there will be no need for wago's etc. A simple snip of a cable may do! :)

I can't speak for the accent LEDs but the halogen (well, now LEDs) bulbs are 240V GU10s.

But now you mention it, looks like the live/neutral cables on the left of the 'power distribution block' is mains so it could indeed be a 12V power supply...

Sponsored Links
Ok, taking it down should give you a better idea :)
If you are lucky, the supply for the power supply may come directly from the terminal block and you only need to undo that connection!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back