Disconnecting gas hob.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m removing my gas hob (replacing with electric) and so far I’ve just turned the tap off. This one:

IMG_1493.jpeg

Is just leaving it turned off good enough? Should I solder an end cap onto the pipe coming out or should I remove it completely from the steel pipe coming out of the wall and fit a steel screw plug into it (with sealant of course).

IMG_1491.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Before and after any works to gas pipes, you need to do the relevant tests on the meter.

I suggest a Gas Safe registered plumber.

Reactions: CBW
I suggest a Gas Safe registered plumber.
Do you reckon I’d be able to get someone out to do that at 3.00 on a Friday afternoon? How much do you think they’d want to come round and screw one plug in? Too late now anyway - I know how to tighten bolts, been doing it for 50 years. I went up my local plumbing supply shop, showed him what I had, told him what I wanted to do. He sold me the plug and tape. All done. £2.00. :)

IMG_1496.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back