Discovery Real Time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me or is this channel getting a lot worse these days ? Been an avid watcher from when it was TLC on Sky analogue then it changed to Discovery Home & Liesure channel. I used to enjoy all the American building programes like This Old House, Hometime and Home Again with Bob Vila. Now all they seem to show is repeats off channel 4 of property ladder and location plus some other stuff off home and health channel.

Sponsored Links
Yeah know what you mean, seems there are few quality programmes on the box anymore, still at least we have Big Brother.

dont they show The Deadliest Catch?

quite like that

Totally agree. Although they have just had a build month with an hour of this old house and an hour of New yankee workshop a day. But thats just ended and now its fishing month!!!

And whats with the little people program????

Sponsored Links
This is Treasure Island ... Stack it low, spread it thin and sell it dear !

:D :D

Hometime and Home Again with Bob Vila?? Never heard of that one, we have virgin though so maybe different programming.

New Yankee Workshop is now on at like 6 in the morning!!

There were some really tacky - but good - American shows on in the past. The House Doctor - that bloke Ron Hazelwood?? with his massive "RV" and trailer that doubled as a workshop - He always used to make me laugh. And This old house - that is a less tacky but good programme when they get down to the nitty gritty of building - instead of looking around dull old houses :LOL: . shown less and less these days :( . Also liked those British barn conversion and newbuild documentaries.

Its all fishing now though - something I'm not a fan of at all. :(

I'm getting sick of show like Place in the Sun, Location Location etc etc etc. It has gone down hill afaic. I'm even thinking of chucking the cable sub in and going freeview, all you ever get now is repeat after repeat. Definiteley not worth the money

Found some old tapes of this old house and yankee workshop to keep me going for now. im contemplating a letter of complaint to discovery networks europe and maybe one to Sky as i too will be jacking in the sub fed up of watching old re runs.

have to agree, unless you want to watch 23hrs of fishing or some old tommy walsh programs

didnt mind the fishing when it was on for a few hours a day, The Tommy Walsh series where quite a good production for a UK building programme. But im fed up of watching the same epispsodes all the time should do some more new stuff i think.
Tommys ultimate workshop shown some rather bad examples of how to carry out electricial installation work.

streetlighter said:
Tommys ultimate workshop shown some rather bad examples of how to carry out electricial installation work.

That's the only one I haven't seen. Well I've seen 2 eps but missed the rest, I wish they'd repeat that again. I seem to remember missing it the last time it was on cos I was busy building my workshop :confused:

streetlighter said:

Not 'arf :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back